School Business Manager
Closing Date: 31st December 2023Apply Online via Sefton Jobs Portal >
We are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager who is passionate about making a difference for our children. The successful applicant will work to maintain all financial processes, including budget preparation with the Headteacher and governing body. The successful applicant will be forward-thinking, hardworking and able to build on the achievements of our school, driving forward further key improvements. The post will be an interesting, varied and an exciting balance of managing the school’s finance, administration and HR systems, alongside overseeing Health and Safety and developing the ICT infrastructure.
To be successful, you will need:
- A proven track record in leading successful teams;
- Financial and HR experience as well as management of areas including Health and Safety, Administration and ICT;
- To manage your own time and workload effectively and have good problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail;
- A recognised qualification or a willingness to work towards a qualification e.g. Level 4 Diploma in School Business Management (formerly CSBM) Level 5 Diploma in School Business Management (formerly DSBM);
- The ability to operate strategically, lead, value, inspire and motivate others as well as demonstrate flexibility, teamwork and have a commitment to the school values and mission statement;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with different stakeholders and external partners;
- The courage and desire to review working practices and seek to deliver change;
- Resilience, creativity, compassion and humour;
- An ability to embrace new challenges and the energy, drive, resilience, talent and determination to make a real difference for our children.
The post holder will have Managerial responsibility for all admin staff and extended service staff, site management staff, welfare staff, and oversight of the catering team (NB. the catering team is line managed by an existing catering manager and supported by Sefton Catering).
All applicants are required to complete the online application form and provide a supporting statement that clearly evidences the essential criteria from the job specification statements. Candidates who are invited to interview will also be required to undertake and assessment that will take approximately 45 minutes.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 10th January 2024.
Interested candidates are welcome to visit the school prior to application.
Please arrange directly via 0151 928 5601 – or online via the contact us form: www.englishmartyrs.co.uk
English Martyrs Catholic Primary School is required under law and guidance to check the criminal background of all employees. Decisions to appoint will be subject to consideration of an enhanced disclosure, including a Barred List check, from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Because of the nature of the work for which you are applying, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013 and 2020).