English Martyrs Catholic Primary School operates the following policy on its website regarding the use of digital media (still images, moving images and audio content), to ensure the privacy and safety of pupils at the school:
- Where pupils are named, only their first names are given
- Where a pupil is named, no photograph of that pupil is displayed
- Where a photograph is used which shows a pupil, no name is displayed.
- Where a video is used which shows a pupil, no name is displayed.
- Where audio content is used where a pupil can be heard, only their first names are given.
By observing these points, the school ensures that visitors to the website cannot link images of pupils to names of pupils. When choosing photographs for the website, the school is mindful of the way pupils may appear in them, and will not include images which are in any way inappropriate.
The school follows a policy of seeking parents’ permission before using any digital media which show pupils on the website. For a copy of our Photography Consent form, please contact the main office.
No other private information about pupils is ever published on the website such as surnames or contact details.