Where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available, the Governing Body will apply the following over-subscription criteria.
1. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
2.Baptised Catholic children who have a brother or a sister at the school at the time of likely admission. This includes full, half or step-brothers and sisters, and foster brothers and sisters who are living at the same address and are part of the same family unit.
3. Baptised Catholic children living in the Parish of English Martyrs. Proof of birth date in the form of a birth certificate and proof of Baptism in the form of a Baptismal Certificate is required, (unless baptised in the Parish of English Martyrs.) Proof of residency is also required (council tax bill/utility bill). In the event of any address that is found to have been given in falsely, the governors reserve the right to withdraw the offer of a place at English Martyrs.
4. Other baptised Catholic children.
5. Other children who have a brother or a sister at the school at the time of likely admission. This includes full, half or step-brothers and sisters, and foster brothers and sisters who are living at the same address and are part of the same family unit.
6. Children from other Christian denominations. Proof of Baptism in the form of a Baptismal Certificate or confirmation in writing that the applicant is a member of their Faith community from an appropriate Minister of Religion is required.
7. Children of other faiths. An appropriate Faith Leader would need to confirm in writing that the applicant is a member of their faith group.
8. Other Children
If it is not possible to offer places for all applications within any criteria above then priority will be given to those living closest to the school measured from the child’s home to the nearest school gates using the local authority’s system.
Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education Health Care Plan that names a school will be offered a place without using the admission criteria and will count as part of the school’s published admission number.
Full details of the admission process can be found on Sefton Council’s website: (click link below).
Visit Sefton Council’s website >>>
Full details of our school admission criteria can be found in our Admission Policy (click link below).
Admission Arrangements 2022-23
As we are a catholic school, parents are also required to complete a Supplementary Information Form and submit to school (click link below).
Supplementary Information Form
Details of the consultation process for Admissions 2022 can be found here.
Consultation on Admissions Policy 2022